This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

February 5, 2011

Puno, Week 2!‏

Hola a mi familia y todos!

Well, this week has gone by pretty darn quick. It truly goes to say,
the days go by like weeks, and the weeks go by like days. The work
here in Puno is going well! We have hills in our area similar to those
of San Francisco. Its crazy, walking up and down them all day to our
next appointment! It can be kind of a bummer when every single
appointment that we have cancels, or they aren't at home. It's quite
difficult to find houses, er, apartments here in Puno. Well, I'm sure
it's the same for all of Perù as well. They rarely have numbers, and
when they do, its typically scribbled in chalk or something. But, we
move onward. On, on to the victory! ( D&C 128:22) That scripture
really pumps me up. Shall we NOT go on in so great a cause? I know
that this work is truly the work of the Lord and I can feel His
presence with us daily. ¡Estoy amando este obra de misional!

I cant believe that its almost Thanksgiving, I totally forgot about
that. Christmas is just around the corner, and today I sent the
package! Now family, you must have patience. Do not open it until
Christmas, ok? Anyway, we have had a TON of rain this week. Almost
everyday. The lightning and the thunder is incredible! Shakes the
earth, literally.

Our investigators are progressing! Good news, yeah? We have been
teaching Alex and Julisa still, and this week we are teaching them
Obedience and hopefully they will agree to get married. I mean, they
do have a kid on the way! Haha, but yeah they both are great people,
and I hope they will continue to read the Book of Mormon, the keystone
to our religion, and gain a testimony of its divinity. All of our
investigators need to have a testimony of Joseph Smith, because
without it, how can they believe a word that we are teaching? We are
doing our best to resolve their doubts, and help them move closer to
Christ.

Mom, how nice are you to offer to send some things to Judith and her
family! They would absolutely love that. Whatever you think! And for
my comp, just whatever! Lots of treats, yeah? :) I miss our food! But
everyone, I don't have much time because my comp took of most of it. So
next week, he has 20 minutes and I have more. Ha! But I have to go for
now, I wish I could write more. Just know that I am still doing so
good and that I am feeling all of your prayers. Especially with my
scriptures!!!! I hope that all is well back in the states, and that
you all are doing well. Please remember to keep me in your prayers,
yeah? I love this work, I love the Lord, and I love all of you so very
much. Thank you for all that you do for me! You keep me going!

Love your son, brother, and friend,

ELDER JORDAN VAN CHRISTENSEN

Till next week. :)



 One from last week I forgot to send!
Dasha, the little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment