This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

February 5, 2011

I'll be home for Christmas...(ha ha)‏

... if only in my dreams! :)

Wow! What a crazy week.

Okay, so first off, this weekend I went to Cusco! I went with my
companion because he came from Cusco and they were preparing this
presentation about Christ and he was apart of the missionary choir.
Cool right? Well, the main reason I went was because I wanted to talk
to the doctor there and see whats up! So I talked to him, and he said
that I did have altitude sickness, and that with my cough that I've
had since the beginning of my mission, (its just gotten worse here
with the climate and all) he said that it could have turned into
Pneumonia if I hadn't have done anything about it. Phew! So he got me
some medicine, and says that I'll be fine! Sorry about not being able
to email yesterday, we got home at like 7:30 at night, and just didn't
have time. The trip really was a blast. We took a first class bus with
big leather seats, that reclined with a leg rest. It looked like the
first class to a plane. I don't have much time to explain it all but I
was able to go to the Plaza del Armas, Cristo Blanco, and some other
cool places while there! The presentation was amazing, but the
Presidents daughter passed out from altitude sickness, and had to take
her to the hospital! She was okay though, thank goodness!

I found out I will be calling you on Friday, only for 5 minutes, to
set up our appointment for Christmas!! I will call in the evening,
probably around 7pm on Friday. Just so you know! Be home! I'll be
calling the home phone.

I haven't been able to talk to Julisa yet, but I'm sure that they were
married, and that she will be baptized on the 25th! I'm so stoked!

So, my new comp is Elder Jara. He is from Chimbote Perù, and is the
District Leader. He is kind of lazy, and Im getting the feeling that
he doesn't really like to work. But boy will I change that. I'm gonna be
kickin his butt into gear, starting today. He is cool though, and we
get along, thank heavens.

I have received 2 of the packages so far! I haven't gotten the third...
I'm praying that I get it before Christmas! But I found out that yes,
all packages are opened. BUT, they are opened in the presence of
missionaries that have callings in the office. That doesn't stop them
from taking things though. So, I asked an elder in the office if there
is a way to send them without being opened, and he said yes.
Apparently when you send the package you have the option of paying
just a little more to have the package send directly to the office,
without being sent through the Ser-Post. (Mail system in Peru) So
yeah, I would recommend doing that! Also, send some Perfect Push ups if
you can. Those things are so nice to have, without putting your hands
on the dirty floor. Also, send my USB memory. That is nice to have to
save things. If you cant find it, just get one. 4 or 8gb.

We have an appointment today with Hna. Magda, and we are hoping to get
her baptized either this week or the next. She has accepted everything
and realizes the real need to be baptized how Christ was baptized. She
is awesome and I have confidence in her! This weeks scripture is found
in Romans 8:35-39. Definitely one of my favorites. Who will separate
us from the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ? No one.

I am so excited to talk to you all on Saturday! It doesn't really feel
like Christmas here, but I'm trying! My first missionary Christmas, of
two in my whole life. I'm gonna make them the best! I don't know who you
were planning on having over to talk to me, but I wouldn't mind to talk
to the whole fam! But, you can be selfish if you'd like and just have
it be our immediate family. I'm okay with whatever! Ah! I'm really
loving my mission so much. I cant wait for what this change has to
bring, and I'm ready! We'll most likely be spending dinner with a
member family, and I'm excited for that! We have had a bunch of people
want to have us over for dinner! But yeah, enjoy the new pictures from
my new canon! It was like $150, not bad. I am guarding it like
something sacred Dad, don't worry! I got the letter from the Whimpeys,
tell them thank you! I also got the letter from Sister Lloyd from the
Primary :) I was pumped! Jaja, anyways, I will get to hear your voices
in a short 4 days! I'm so ready. I love all of you and you are in my
prayers.

Con mucho amor,

Elder Christensen




No comments:

Post a Comment