This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

July 5, 2011

¡¡Happy Fathers Day!!‏

Hello my dear loved ones…

This week has been good! Went by pretty quick as well… Lets see… What has been going on recently?

Our investigator, Anthony, attended church yesterday so that was great! He will be baptized this Saturday! His interview will be this week, and he is awesome. He truly is prepared, and he has accepted every single commitment we have extended to him, and is super stoked for his baptism Saturday! It feels great to be having success, as well as working in the office, more than sometimes half the day. These are the blessing that we receive for sacrificing so much of our time for missionaries. For example, yesterday, I had to leave church and investigators to run to the office to pay for a missionaries operation. He had his appendix removed, and he was ready to leave, but couldn’t without the bill being paid. So I had to go do that and leave everything. It’s a pain, but the Lord has been blessing us. I know it, I have seen it happen so many times. We are teaching his sister as well, who is a Buddhist. She has been loving every one of the lessons she has heard, and we have only taught the Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, and Tithing. We want to now give her a good background on how the church was founded and teach her about the Plan of Salvation. She is awesome, and is super interested about the church. :) I love this gospel! We have been finding people left and right. We fasted as a companionship because we weren’t able to the first Sunday. But the day we ended our fast, we challenged 3 people to baptism and they all accepted! The only thing is that two of them aren’t married. They have been living together for about 5 or 6 years, without marriage! But, they seem to be willing to do whatever they need to, to be in harmony with the gospel. Such great times are happening here in Cusco!!!

Now dad, I (basically) know what’s wrong with my health. I’m pretty sure it’s the same cough that I’ve had since before the mish, and that’s because of my nose. I would suggest sending Claratin. Consult some docs in the ward, but I’m pretty sure that’s what I was prescribed in the first place but never really used it faithfully. But I talked with the Stake Pres, our pensionista’s husband, and he said they might have to do some sort of operation on the inside of my nose… Jaja, don’t get all freaked out, its not some for sure thing, but he said that it’s very possible. We go to a very nice hospital here in Cusco, and if I need surgery, then I would feel very comfortable. Although, I would be awake. That’s the scary part! He kind of explained the surgery, and it sounds like I would hear everything going on.  But hey, gotta do whatcha gotta do. I’ll keep you informed.

Anyway, things are going great. Really! I have heard from Eric and he is in the office in his mission too! That’s way cool. I miss that kid! But I can email him, because our Pres says that we can email missionaries. So I’ll try to get an email off to him as well.

Our apartment is way cool. I need to take and send some pics in the next email next week. The only thing is that the Peruvians just have difficulties with the showers! I You may NOT touch anything that is metal, or you WILL be shocked. Jaja, you gotta be real careful turning the knobs in the shower, because they’re half metal, and half plastic. We recently bought a new shower head, because somehow electricity shot down through the water sometimes. That’s always fun. If you weren’t awake before, after you were for sure.

Anyway, enjoy the pics! On Saturday we went to this place called Qorikancha, here in Cusco. Look it up! Its pretty cool. It’s a Cathedral that was built upon ancient Incan Ruins. On my spoon, is a shrimp in its entirety, and the dog is a Peruvian dog (the species that’s pure Peruvian. No hair. Ugliest things ever). I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thanks for all you do for me. I appreciate it a ton. Oh by the way, I don’t know when you will be sending another package, but send that film camera! I would really really appreciate it!

TANNER!!! Happy Birthday buddy!!! I hope you had such a wonderful day today! I’m so glad I get to write you today! 11 years old, wow. It seems like it was just yesterday when I had the chance to baptize you… 3 whole years ago! In a year, you will have the priesthood! That’s super exciting man. You guys are all growing up without me!! Have so much fun Tan man.

And Dad, Happy Fathers Day. I sure missed you yesterday. Especially sitting in church hearing the talks on fathers. You have always been there for me, and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful father. Your talk that you sent me was amazing. Honestly, you did such a good job. I felt like I was reading from the Liahona (Ensign) or something! I’m sorry I couldn’t give you a few pointers last week, I was rushed, but you didn’t need any of my help! You did great. I hope the boys realize how blessed that we are. I want to take my future wife to Perú so she can see what it’s like. Then I’ll tell her that when were poor and I’m going to med school or something, that it’s not all that bad! We are so so blessed boys. Always be willing to give dad a hand. He deserves it. He’s done everything for us, and we owe it to him! I love you dad. You’re the best I ever had! Oh, and by the way, I do remember saying that "My dad can fix anything!" Oh wow, that was a long time ago. I was so ignorant wasn't I? Jajaja just kidding pops. :)

Take care everyone! I miss you all so very much. Jaja, mom, you’re too funny.. Don’t think you’re being selfish by saying that… You’re the best. I can’t believe in just a short year I’ll be back home. Wow. I have such little time left! That means I gotta get crackin. I will “actually” hit the year mark in a couple months, but I am taking the knowledge that I have gained so far, and I’m using it to my advantage. Here’s some Spanish for y’all… Me encanta este evangelio tanto. He aprendido más en estos diez meses de lo que yopensaba que era posible! Yo sé que siempre digo eso, pero es verdad! Yo no quisiera estar en otro lugar en el mundo que donde estoy ahora. Sé que el Señor me llamó a servir aquí, y me encanta mi misión más de lo que se puede describir. Hasta la proxima semana! 

Tu hermano, hijo, y amigo...
--
ELDER CHRISTENSEN
Secretario Financiero
Misión Perú Cuzco
(51) 984-503-861
(51) 084-242-521
RPM #623574











No comments:

Post a Comment