This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

June 4, 2012

Sicuanimanta‏


Hello everyone!
 
Well, this week has been alright. Were pretty worried about the zone, for reasons that aren't important to include in the email. Haha, but yeah! I have been trying my best to be a good example with my companion. But we are trying to help the zone get pumped to work! For me personally, its never been so hard to get people to come to church, to get people to hear us, etc. Its a challenge that I feel like I need, and I am learning.
 
So something cool that happened yesterday was a member in our ward took us to her friends house to give her a blessing. Her friend was in a very recent car accident, well, bus accident where 6 people died, her mother was put into a coma, and she had her leg broken, her nose, and messed her back up pretty bad. Her daughter of 3 years old miraculously only got away with a concussion, and her boyfriend wasn't in the car, but was working. So anyway, she is still very fragile, and she just barely got home from the hospital. We were able to bless her, and her daughter, and we have a return appointment with them this week. They are all JW's, but are very open to hearing us.
 
Our teacher in Sunday School is awesome. He teaches half in Spanish, and half in Quechua. Quechua is quite a dominating language here. Maybe not as much in Sicuani itself, but in the pueblos outside of the city its what they speak.
 
Thanks dad for sending the instructions on how to play hand and foot! I am anxious to get the talks you printed out. Thanks for doing that! Let me know when you send it.
 
I sent Ethans letter just a week ago, so I hope you get it soon! Hey bridge, thanks for the quick email man!! I cant wait to see you guys either! So soon!
 
Anyway, I love you all so much! I have been really studying the scriptures, and I hope that you are all reading daily! Keep doing the basics. Keep me in your prayers! There are only like 10 Mondays left for you to write me! I LOVE YOU GUYS!
 
Elder Christensen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment