This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

June 12, 2012

It's His Time, His Work


Hey family and friends!
Well this week went by quickly. (Go figure..)
I got the package! Thanks so much! I shared much all of it with other missionaries, and the family that we live with.
Lets see, well, we didnt have the two baptisms that we had planned. Fran and Miriam feel like they need more time, and will now be baptized with their sister, Lucero. They all now have a baptismal date for the 23rd of June. We continue to work with Roberto and Francisca with their marriage. Roberto still has to figure his ID out, hopefully that will be resolved here soon, then they will be married and most likely baptized the same day (in july most likely). Hopefully all goes well! Keep them in your prayers!
So, do you remember about the lady (Ayde.. pronounced "I~day") i wrote about that was in the bad accident a few weeks ago? And how her mother was in a coma? Well this last week we were with the same member that introduced us to her, but this time looking for another one of her friends. While we were walking, i got the impression to visit Ayde. At first i just kinda pushed the thought aside, I mean after all, we were looking for someone else. But when we found out that the other person wasnt home, the thought came back into my mind, but this time my heart was pounding. I suggested we visit Ayde, and they agreed. So, sure enough, we get to her house and her boyfriend lets us right in. We soon found out that her mother had passed away last week. She told us that now her eyes have been opened to reality. She also just barely had surgery on her nose, because it was broken. Poor thing, she is in so much pain from that and her hurt leg. She then explained to us that she went to the Jehova Witness church only because her mom went, and some of her friends. She said that she feels a lot of their teachings are incorrect, and that its not the true church. She now doesnt attend there. She also said to us with tears in her eyes, "Last night i prayed for guidance and direction to help me choose the true church. As a family, we need it now more than ever. Will you two help us with this?" Wow! I was stunned. We then testified and promised to her that we as representatives of Jesus Christ will help her and her family to find the truth, and that they will find it in The Church of Jesus Christ. We visited them two days afterward, taught lesson 1, and challenged them to be baptized. (They arent married yet, so were waiting to see about the date) But they accepted baptism so we know that they truly are interested!! Truly, without doubt, the Lord leads us to those who are prepared. I mean, for us to show up at her house more than 3 weeks after that inicial visit, unplanned, to find that they had prayed the night before asking God to guide them to the truth... Theres no coincidence in that. God's hand is in this work!!!
Well, this change is over! So crazy to think about.. This transfer really flew by. I have learned SO much. From my companion (for good or for worse), my zone (the missionaries), and the scriptures. My companion had a change, and I am staying! I am so pumped to work my hardest this last change here in Sicuani. We'll be doing a lot of one thing here: work.
"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." -Alma 29:9
How true that scripture is. It speaks for itself. I've never been happier in my life than I am as a missionary. I know that I have been called of God, as was Alma, to preach the good news of the Gospel.
know that this is truth eternal: that God lives, that His Son came in the meridian of time and suffered for each and every one of us that we may be able to live with  Him, and our Father once again. How I pray that we never forget these things. What immense joy i have found, and continue to find here in the service of God! I cant wait to see all my buddies again, it'll be just like the sons of Mosiah. I hope everyone has a great week! I LOVE YOU ALL!
Sincerely, your Peruvian son, grandson, brother, cousin, nephew,  friend, and missionary...
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment