This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

April 30, 2012

Muñaquyki‏

Hola familia!
How is everyone? Everything is well here in Quillabamba! We have been working very hard this last week of the transfer. Last night we found out that my companion has a transfer, meaning my new comp will get here on Wednesday. Not sure who it is yet, but we will see soon enough!
So, about Pilar. She wasn’t baptized. But, she has made the decision that yes, she will. She desires more time to tell her family, to stop working on Sundays, and she really wants her daughter that is in Cusco to be present. Her daughter isn’t even a member, but she knows the church really well. When she called her daughter to tell her that she will be baptized, she said “Mom, wow. That's really the best thing that you can do right now.” Awesome, right? So, in April she will most likely be baptized. As for now, we continue to visit her and teach her more.
We have been visiting members and getting a lot of referrals to part member families. We met Abel, an almost fifteen year old that is the son of an inactive member of 30 years. We visited them, and boy, he is so prepared for baptism. He is definitely a future missionary. He asks such great questions, and understands for himself the importance of baptism. We challenged him, and he accepted. He will be baptized on the 31st of this month! (in between conference sessions!) If not then, the 7th of April. His mom also was reactivated and attended church this Sunday with her son. We are also working with Shirley who is the daughter of a part member family.. of whom was reactivated after 15 years of inactivity. We are seeing some real blessings from heaven this change. Whether they be baptisms, or rescuing inactives, I just trust in the Lord that this is His work, and not mine. All I have to do is put in my best effort and everything else will fall in place.
So, I was thinking about the fall and school, and about registering for classes… How is that gonna work? If I’m not mistaken, registration should be right around the corner, if not right now. Will you check up on that for me, dad? And about the g’s, mesh please and just 2 oer 3 shirts. SHORT SLEEVE! Of course. :) Thanks so much! Oh, and I just decided to buy a camera here. I bought one that was about $150. Its good, and it will last for a while. So don't worry about that anymore. Its all taken care of. And Bridger! Bro, you are the best. Thanks so much for that. You will have your reward. :) Just wait.
I learned a lot of precious lessons this transfer, and I'm sure that the next one will be filled with them as well. I am now starting my 3rd to last transfer! Crazy to think about.
Anyway everyone, thanks for the emails, take care! Till next week!
¡Muñaquyki pajarkinkana! (That's Quechua, yes I'm learning a little bit!)
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment