This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

February 7, 2012

Week 3‏

Hey fam,
So, this week has been kinda slow. Were really trying to work with those that have a baptismal date, but one fell through because he didn't attend church this week. Pushed one week back. We’ll see how it goes. I am learning a lot here in Quillabamba, thats for sure. Its just a small branch, kinda like the twig that you had in Michigan, dad. Haha, that made me laugh. Were back to teaching Gospel Principles, for the lack thereof of a teacher. We also pass/bless the sacrament almost every Sunday.
There are a few problems here in the zone, but we had a good Zone Meeting today where we talked about these problems and how we are to honor the names that we wear on our chests everyday: Our families, and Christs. It was a good meeting, and I feel like the zone got the message.
I am loving the scriptures! Before I came out on the mission, I never really had a true appreciation for them. But really, they are amazing. I can’t get enough of them. There are so many things we have to be grateful for. There are so many people here that live in mud houses and dirt floors, yet they make it to church every Sunday without fail. It makes me think and hope that in the future I hope that I will be strong and to have that same faith that these members show. I just love the mission. I can’t describe what joy this work brings me. Even though there are many trials that come before us as missionaries, to have the faith and courage to move forward no matter what the circumstances, is something special. Its something that each of us should strive to have in our own lives. Life isn’t easy. It was never intended to be easy. But if we lean on the Lord to guide and strengthen us during our trials, we can learn exactly what He wants us to learn and take from that experience what we need. I have a strong testimony for this work and I find myself each day thinking less about myself and trying my best to help those around me. Mom, when you said that these last  6 and a half months are going to pass quickly, it made me realize that I really don't have much time left. Just know that I am leaving it ALL on the field. No regrets. I love you all and hope all is well! I cant think of much else for my birthday, oh, maybe a hat. Have Bridger pick out a cool one from Decade maybe. And i would like some Nike basketball shorts. Whatever color you like. I’m not too picky.
Les mando muchos loves!
Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment