This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

February 7, 2012

Prayers Answered.


Hey everyone!
This week has gone by really quickly. For a couple of reasons… We have been really busy trying to find less actives to come to church and looking for new investigators. Well, yesterday we saw the “fruit” of our labors! Haha, we had two entire families of less actives come, plus 5 or 6 more people. Then, we had 4 investigators in sacrament meeting which was the best.
So a cool story that happened this week. We had basically given up hope that we would find Jose Luis after he had moved from his apartment. We had been going there almost daily, with no luck. Well we have been praying day and night with the hope of somehow to find him again. He accepted a baptismal date the very first time we met with him! He was so excited, and we were really sad that he moved without us knowing. So, one day we were searching for a less active member, and we were going to teach her friend. We got to her house, and knocked and knocked and knocked. No one home. Bummer! So, we start walking down the street kinda bummed, when I looked up and I saw someone in a wheelchair. I stopped my comp and was like, “Look.” There was Jose Luis chillin there in his chair! He was with his mom, and they were outside of a store, just leaving it looked like. We almost ran up to him, and man his smile was so big when he saw us! He was s-t-oked. We started talking and he started to apologize, and basically to make a long story short, we got his new address and number! We went by his house to pick him up and bring him to church. I rolled him all the way there, and he loved it! He will be baptized on Sunday! Prayers are answered!
Well, today we went to some waterfalls again, so enjoy the fotos! I wish I had more time to write, but just know that I love you all! The work is going great here! We are working hard, and I love it. I love the mission! I am feeling a lot better, thanks for the worrying.. haha.
Have a great week everyone!
Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment