This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

December 24, 2011

Its December!‏

Hey family,
 
Happy December! Wow, already December! This will be quick because I didnt have any emails in the morning and I was waiting to get something from someone, and now its time to leave! Maybe more will write next week?
 
How sweet of you mom to hold onto that for me for when I'm... (gulp).. married. Haha, but really, you can get rid of the Christmas decorations that you don't need. Unless your dead set on keeping it, then ok!
 
So, I'll just quickly update on some news this week. First off, I'm leaving the office this cambio! Right now, I am training Elder Buckner from Vernal that entered the mission with me to be my replacement! We shared a room in the Lima CCM and everything. He is way cool, and a super smart guy. He will do a great job. The task of training a new Financial Secretary is pretty intense. There is so much to do and to remember! But we keep working in our sector and we are still visiting the family of 4! We have invited them to a FHE tonight with the mission pres, so were hoping that they are able to attend! Right now we will be passing by their store to see if they are able! Cross your fingers...
 
What else, well, two days this week we were stuck in the office. The ZL's had their training, then the DL's & Trainers had theirs the next day. I had to be there the whole day helping ZL's with their Zone Fund, and the next day giving reimbursements to the DL's.
 
So Bridger finally has his braces off? I need to see a picture of that! You can attach pictures to emails ya know... Haha. So, good for you big guy. You're probably a lady killer by now, huh?
 
Yes, mom, we are hoping to go to Machu Picchu this month! Hopefully it'll be possible! I really haven't visited a lot of cool places here in Cuzco, even though I've been here for what, 7+ months? Oh well, hopefully we'll have some cool pdays this month. It's about the cost of $60, for us! Because we have something called a "Carnet De Extranjeria". Its basically ID here in Perú for foreigners. With that, we pay CHEAP to get into Machu Picchu. Normally its $100-200 to go and pay for everything.
 
We still have 2 people with a fecha for the 24th! They are cousins, but one has a "boyfriend" and they have a 7 year old kid. So, we need to help get them married, and they are willing to get married in order to get baptized. So, I guess that would be 3 con fecha! Were excited!! Pray for them please!
 
I'm glad that everything is okay with the house! That wind sounds absolutely crazy. Elder Whittaker told me that his house was without power for 2 days! Insane. Thankfully we missed the worst of it.
 
And about the Christmas call... You'll also have to count down the days until you see me... because were gonna be Skyping!!! That's right, President gave us permission! How cool is that? We're all pretty stoked. So, you'll have to have a bunch of people over to see me! Ha, its gonna be so weird. But cool! Look forward to it!
 
Love you, hope you all have a good week! Take care! Chao!

--
ELDER CHRISTENSEN
Secretario Financiero
Misión Perú Cuzco
(51) 984-503-861
(51) 084-242-521
RPM #623574

Pic of me and Rogers doing the laundry run last night. Rained pretty hard!
 
Christy! You're the best, thanks for writing! Whats your address? I hope you knee is doing better!! Haha, take care! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment