This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

September 2, 2011

Letter from Jordan!

Dear Family and Friends, 

How is everyone? I hope that everything is going well at home! Everything here in Perú is going, well, pretty busy. Let me give you somewhat of an update… So, on the 25th of this month, Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will be coming to Cuzco!!! Can you believe it? An apostle of the Lord, coming to our mission. I am so excited. But also pretty stressed. This means A LOT of work on my part. We as an office are making this our number one priority right now. The ENTIRE mission will be traveling to Cuzco and that means paying for a ton of stuff. President has asked us to give our best, and to make sure that everything is ready for when he comes.  SO.. It’s pretty stressed right now.

But were doing good! It’s me, Williams and Whittaker right now. We split up pretty often and we are getting some good numbers right now, which always feels good. Whittaker and I got a feel of what it’s gonna be like as comps the other day when we went out solo! It was WAY good. We taught great. We visited the Luna family, but it was just Victor that was there to hear us. His wife and son had been traveling to Urubamba,  which is in the Sacred Valley. Apparently they got home today, and we have another appt with them tomorrow… So we’ll get caught up with them to see how they are doing. Victor however, is really showing is faith lately. About a week ago, he went to his brothers’ house and they offered him some coffee. He said no at first, and that he had been listening to us and how he learned about the Word of Wisdom. They kept insisting, so he put just a little bit of it in his hot chocolate. When he got home, he said that he got a fever out of nowhere. He told us, “I knew right then that it was a sign from God, and that I had been disobedient to that commandment. I’ll never do that again.” He continues to progress and follow the Gospel. He is so incredibly humble, it’s amazing. He truly accepts that what we teach him is the truth, and he puts it into practice in his personal life. He prays every morning and night, and reads the Book of Mormon every day. He says that every time he prays, he feels more at peace and a lot more tranquilo.

We have been really working hard with Medali, but she just recently told us that in order for her to be baptized is that first she needs to have faith in Jesus Christ. So, that’s where were at with her. She still seems to be having problems believing in God, so that’s our main focus. To help her to believe in God. Pray for her please!

I am SO glad that you all enjoyed the surprise package!! I was so happy when they offered, so I ran around and picked up some things for each of you. Dad, glad you like the Ray Bans! They are way better than your old ones… Hahaha. And dad, congrats on your riding! I am so proud of you. Really. I can wait to get home next year and ride with you again. Don’t quit it okay? You have one month before the big ride… you can do it big guy.  :) But please be careful! When I heard about what happened, and your leg, you had me nervous! Don’t get psyched out, just do it! Like Nike. Glad to also hear about your feet, that they’re doing better.

Hey, so my 1 year mark is coming around… I was just thinking if you decided to send me a celebratory package, I would love it! Some things I miss/need: Peanut Butter. Pilot G2 0.5 pens. Not the 0.7. Red, blue, green, and black. BYU Soccer shirt. The watermelons that I LOVE (Mom, you know what I’m talking about). Some new socks. Ties. Candy (Hi-Chew, Snickers, MikeN’Ikes). Anyway, just whatever else you think I would like! I’ll let you know if I think of anything next week. :)

Bridger and Ethan! Get your butts going on your eagle scouts! Don’t have dad be your baby sitter and hold your hands through the process! Take the initiative and get ‘er done! Alright? I know each of you are only missing a little bit more, so follow through!

Well, that’s all the time I have to write this week. I think of each of you often and pray for you daily. Stay strong, keep the faith. Sorry no pics, just too bust here in the office. Love you all sooo much!! Missions are the greatest!

--
ELDER CHRISTENSEN
Secretario Financiero
Misión Perú Cuzco
(51) 984-503-861
(51) 084-242-521
RPM #623574

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder Christensen! I am sister Liz Darelli I know you don't know me, BUT IF YOU KNEW HOW DEEPLY THANKFUL I AM FOR YOUR DECISION OF BEEN A WONDERFUL MISSIONARY OF GOD, brother Victor Luna is my gradmother's brother who I don't know closely but I love so much, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR GIVING MY FAMILY THE OPORTUNITY TO KNOW ABOUT OUR LOVING HEAVENLY FATHER AND HIS PLAN OF HAPPINESS.

    ReplyDelete