This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

March 20, 2012

Ten Percent of My Life‏

Hola Familia!

Well, the weeks are just flying by it seems like. I feel like I wrote just yesterday! But its a good thing.. I guess haha. So, this week was great! We were able to see the baptism of another one of our investigators, Rina, this last Saturday. She received the Holy Ghost the next day, Sunday, and was confirmed member of the Church. She is great! Its always a blessing to see our investigators progress towards baptism.

This week we have been putting a greater effort in "rescuing" inactive members. By doing so we have been able to find more people to teach and that have their hearts ready and willing to accept the gospel. We actually found a couple families that we are now teaching, and we hope that they will be able to progress. My comp and I are going to do everything we can so that they may attend church, get married, and be baptized. They already have felt the power and Spirit of our message and they are willing to change their lives in order to live righteously and according to the will of the Lord. Its awesome!!

I got the envelope that Michelle's family sent! Haha, tell them thanks so much for that! And always to Jacquie, thanks as well! I got her letter. She always writes on that fun paper, that honestly I don't know how she still has, from her mission in Korea!

This week I complete a year and a half in the mission. SO weird to think about. But I am continuing to work hard and to be obedient in order to see the blessings that the Lord has prepared for me. I have seen them time and time again in my mission and I am so thankful to be serving here at this time in my life. I don't think I can put into words the feelings that I have towards my mission. All I can say is that this is a time to work, work, and work. Its something so special to be able to dedicate 100% of my time to the Lord and His work.

Tell the boys to write me, I really miss them. I had a dream last night about us all together again, and how happy we were. Haha, just a thought. But don't force them. I don't want them to feel pressured. Next week I hope to hear from mom! I'm so sorry mom that you got sick! Don't worry about not being able to write.

Next week I'll be 21... Also another weird feeling! Oh well, asi es la vida. We pass through life meeting a lot of people, but we hold on to those who mean the most to us.

This week I was reflecting on the fact how interesting it is that these two years add up to ten percent of my life. Interesting, huh? Well, I hope all of you are safe and sound, and I love you all! Keep in touch!

Love,
Élder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment