This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

March 20, 2012

TwentyOne! (From Jordan)‏

Hello everyone!! 

Wow, did I have a surprise when I signed on to my email. That's definitely the most emails I have ever received probably ever! Thank you each and every one of you that took the time to wish me a happy birthday today. Yes, today I am 21. I am legal! Jaja, pretty cool. It doesn't feel like it here in the mission. Its kinda just like any other day. But I am stoked that it's on a pday! So, this week passed by really quickly. Just to touch a few points that were cool this week because I hardly have time to write after trying to read what some people have said! But we had 6 people in the chapel yesterday, and we are way stoked to be teaching them the gospel. We have a goal to put a fecha bautismal on 3 of them. They are the ones who are progressing the most. We are so grateful for that blessing.
I love the mission! A year and a half gone. Weird to think about! Things here are going great, except the fact that I lent my camera to Jose Luis for a work project he had, and he was robbed by a drunk in the street one day, and he took the camera along with his wallet and cell phone. I am pretty bummed, as I sure you are, mom and dad. I learned the hard way about lending things like that out to people. It wont ever happen again. He says that he will pay me back for the camera, but to be honest, I don't know how he will. They are such a poor family, and he works, but he needs the money for medications and stuff. So I don't know how we will be able to work that out. I will keep you informed.
Well, I don't have anymore time. I love each and every one of you! Thank you for always being there for me. I pray for each of you daily, and I hope that this email finds all of you in good health. Thanks boys for writing me! Bridger, that Google translator is crap! I can translate better. I had a hard time trying to understand the grammar. But trust me, Spanish is normal now. Like English! Jaja. I love you boys so much! Can't wait till I am back either. Were gonna have a blast! Take care everyone!
Love,
Elder Christensen
Ps mom, I need new shirts for sure. I only have 6 now. The others have been ruined, jaja. One of these days you will have to see my shoes. Both filled with holes. Its a little silly, but I知 wearing them til the fall off my feet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment