This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

September 12, 2010

FIRST WEEK!!!


Hola mi familia!!!!
 
Man there is so much to share I don't know where to begin!! Well, first off, you gotta know that I am absolutely loving it here at the MTC! Its such a spiritual place and I can feel the gift of tongues as I do my best and be meticulously obedient. My companion Elder ******** was sent home yesterday due to worthiness issues. :/ NO bueno. I am really sad for him, but I am also grateful that he is getting things fixed! Hopefully in a year or so he will decide to try it again. His mission call stays the same so I might even be able to be his trainer! BUT, this is a perfect example of procrastinating your repentance. Boys, I'm talking to you! Don't wait until you're on your mission. Very bad idea. Anyway! We had a great devotional yesterday from Elder Lowell Powell of the Seventy about choices. A quote that he shared was "Choices reveal your true nature." How true that is! It was such a great devotional. My new companion(s) are Elder Thurman, and Elder Leonard. They are great! It's definitely a little awkward being in a threesome, but oh well! I'll just do my best. Our district is soo great! We have two Elders from American Samoa, and they are way good at singing! They taught us a Samoan hymn and it is so sweet. I have felt myself change in this past week alone! It is amazing to me. I miss all of you so much and being here has made me realize how much I truly love all of you.
 
Unfortunately I only have 30 minutes on the computer! Ah!! Well, what else, OH! I got the care package!! I love it! Really anything is good to have. Maybe some more hard candy, peachie o's, and gummie bears! Also, the ring!! My size is 9.5. I would like to get that before I leave in 2 WEEKS!! I can't believe its already been a week. Time truly flies.. Sunday was so great. We had some good meetings with good lessons taught. Identifying the Spirit and knowing our Heavenly Father loves us just to name a couple.
 
Keep using Dear Elder. Don't email me on here... Reading it drains my time I have to write you! Just FYI, oh and send me my navy blue BYU shirt! I don't have it here. (I think).
 
On Tuesday I think, Elder ******** and I were at the front desk trying to contact someone who he could talk to about his issue, when all of a sudden I saw Tim! Yes, Tim Taylor haha. I was very surprised, but I guess Hunter's ankle is still giving him some issues. So he came home on a medical release. I really hope he gets everything resolved and that he doesn't have to have another surgery. That would be terrible. But it was good to see Tim, I told him to tell you that I love you guys!!
 
I have really been trying to keep the spirit with me, and I've found that you literally have to be obedient 100% of the time! Its hard to do, but I've been doing my best I have to remember to repent daily for the things that I do wrong. For gym, I have been playing a lot of futbol which is a lot of fun! One of the rules is no headers, which I have a hard time obeying... especially when you have a perfect cross right in front of the goal just begging to be headed in! Pero... esta bien. I have learned a lot of spanish! I have learned to pray, bear my testimony, and were learning to conjugate the verbs. Present tense/past/and future. So I will try to do that for you when I close this letter. Only 10 minutes left!
 
Bridger and Ethan, thank you for your letters guys! Bridge, did you really get a double lincoln? Like, for reals? IF so... I'm impressed. Haha and Ethan! Way to go holmes! I'm glad you're loving football! But when you get both hands on the ball, GRAB it!! :) Haha I love you guys so much and I miss you! Keep writing me about whatever is going on in your life okay? I love hearing about it.
 
Mom and Dad! Thank you so much for your letters. I'm glad you were able to get my letter okay! I'm sorry it was short, I didn't have much time to write. But I will be printing off some pictures and I will send them via the mail shortly... Mom, its okay to be sad, but just know that I love you and I truly do feel your prayers, as I do everyone elses. I am so grateful for that. I hope that everyone will keep me in their prayers these next two weeks. Our district is now SYL (speak your language) all the time except in gym and class. It is pretty hard to do, but with the power of the Holy Ghost I know that I will be able to learn a TON. Dad, keep the boys in line for me! Even though I gave bridger the keys to be the man of the house while I'm away. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I love you so much. I couldn't ask for a better example in my life. You are the man. Yo se que la iglesia de Jesucristo es verdadera. Yo se que Jose Smith fue llamado a Dios. Yo se que la oracion es muy importante por nuestro Salvacion. Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador. Yo se que El Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios. I love this gospel. I love all of you soo much. You are all in my prayers. Choose the right and stay strong boys. I know you can do it.
 
I miss all of you so much! Keep writing me!
 
Love your son and brother,
 
Elder Jordan Van Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment