This Is Peru!

This Is Peru!

July 5, 2011

Long day in the office...‏

Well, (cough, cough) this week has been really crazy. I’m sick, hence the cough cough. Sorry for not being able to write you on Monday! We literally had ZERO time to do anything because of the changes. We were stuck doing our shtuff. So yeah! That’s why you´re getting this today.

It was great to hear from all of you! Thank you again for the package. But… My perfect pushups were not in there.. I thought you had forgotten, but after I read the email I guess they were stolen. I don’t know how… But that’s way weird. But I am enjoying the Mac ´n Cheese, as well as the rest of the treats! So THANKS!!!

So, some pretty crazy stuff is happening here in the mish. First of all, there are some crazyyy riots in Puno/Juliaca. Guess I got out of there just in time, eh? Literally, it’s bad. Banks have been burned down, the post office, as well as robbing electronic stores and all that. People are being taken hostage, and yeah. It’s pretty intense. So, this morning, all of the white missionaries were taken out of there and got here today.  So my buddy, Elder Whittaker got here from Puno where he was serving! We have been catching up and having a good time. Love that guy.

We have been going crazy these last like 4 days. Having to get everything ready for all the new missionaries that got here yesterday, setting up the change meeting, and just getting business done. I remember being in the greenies spot like it was yesterday! Honestly, the last time I was in Presidents house, was when I had barely gotten to Cusco. Now I’m in the elder’s shoes who were training me! I had to train them with everything! It was really neat to be able to do that and answer all the questions they had. We also have a ZL meeting today, so all of the ZL’s in the mission are here just chillin till tonight I think. I have had to go with them to feed them dinner, and recently breakfast. (Remember how I’m in charge of money? Haha, yeah I have to pay for even that.)

 I’m still learning some things that I have to know how to do, and Elder Samuelson will be leaving here soon. He has a change to Quillabamba and will be training a new elder. He is actually going to Whittaker’s old area, because he was there. So he was filling him in on some things about the sector. I’m pretty sure that Whittaker will be working here in our sector, and they don’t leave until Monday or so. But yeah the last couple days I have also been waking up at like 5:30am to send elders that are done with the mission, home. Some days we go to bed past 12, but I still gotta wake up! So, that’s what we had to do today, and…. I’m way beat. But it was cool because afterwards we went to McDonalds for breakfast. :) I didn’t mind that!

On to another subject… So, Dad, I don’t know if you noticed yet or not, that like 145 dollars are not in the account… That is my fault. I went to the ATM to take out a bit of money, and I accidentally pressed the wrong button.  It looked like I pressed the “other amount” button, but apparently I pressed the “400” button.  I tried to cancel it, but it was too late. So, the money isn’t missing, I have it. I don’t know what you want me to do, I might be able to find a way to put it back in the account, just email me back real quick after you get this. If you just don’t want to worry about it, then I could just use some of the money to send a package home, and I just won’t take money out for a while. Let me know! And I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to!

So, to answer a few of your questions, our house doesn’t have heat, but its not that cold at night actually. We do have heaters though!  The conditions are exponentially nicer!! Haha. Our ward is really cool, with a lot of faithful members. The mission home is about 10-15 minutes away from our apartment. On a typical morning, we take care of reimbursements, take account of all the money we have in the safe, take money out from the bank, make wire transfers, umm, we also update a lot of things that have to do with the mission/finances. I couldn’t really tell you how a typical morning is until I stop getting trained in everything. We pay all the bills, and really, I’m in charge of every cent in the mission! Its pretty stressful, not gonna lie. But I am sure learning a lot about the mission, and about how things work! I love it. :) Yes, we do have an area that we are assigned to, and we try to work every afternoon, but, sometimes we just can’t. It’s pretty crazy how much time we sacrifice to help out other missionaries. There are 6 elders living in our apartment, but right now, it’s a lot more with how hectic the changes and as well as the missionaries that are here for the ZL meeting/training. TONS of missionaries here. I try to read the BOM, as well as PMG before getting to the office, and if I don’t then I try to do it before I start working here. Hermana Carrasco cooks really well. She cooks a lot of meat, rice, veggies, and desserts! There was a dinner we had a few nights back, and it reminded me of your cooking dad! Oh man, so delicious. We eat a lot of cereal, eggs, bread, etc. in the mornings.
Anyways, I should probably get going. Lots of stuff I still gotta learn! I know you sent a couple of packages in a single month, but I hope that you could be able to send my camera, the film one sometime! I really would like to have that. And Dad, yes, I did get all of those pictures! But I think that Flickr would be a lot better. All of the pictures in one place, not scattered around in emails. Ya know?

I love you all!!!! Keep in touch, and tell gram and gramps to write me, I miss them! From the both sides of the family. I got Mikes postcard, tell him thanks!! Miss that guy. Oh, and also give my thanks to Grandpa Whimpey. I am very grateful for that. Very! Just send everyone my love.

Your Peruvian son, bro, and friend...

ELDER CHRISTENSEN
Secretario Financiero
Misión Perú Cusco
(51) 984-503-861
(51) 84-242-521
RPM #623574








No comments:

Post a Comment